The Human Form
Through the millennia, the human form has challenged artists to capture movement, underlying bone structure, expression, gesture and emotion. Mastering the depiction of the body has also formed the mainstay of artistic academic training, working from live models or studying classical statues and paintings. Whether it’s head studies, portraiture, nude or clothed models, we have a tradition of harnessing the collective talent of our membership and respected artists from throughout the region and creating engaging shows celebrating the human form at PAL.
Please consider selecting your most accomplished works in any medium, paint, pencil, clay, photography or video and join us for a wonderful show in our beautiful gallery space in August.
August 3 – 30, 2018
Open to all artistic work depicting the human form. Limits on video and installation (contact us with questions). Open to PAL members and non-members.
- Members: $40 for 1st entry, and $10 for each additional entry
- Non-Members: $50 for 1st entry, and $10 for each additional entry
Submit your artwork electronically at https://pacificartleague.submittable.com/submit
Monday, July 16, 2018
SELECTION NOTIFICATION DATE
Thursday, July 19, 2018 by email.
First Friday, Aug 3rd, 2018, 5:30pm-8:00pm
Winners announced at reception.
- 1st: $150
- 2nd: $75
- 3rd: $50
- Three honorable mentions
- (3 Honorable Mentions)
Accepted works must be hand delivered to PAL on Friday, July 27th or Saturday, July 28th (10am-4pm).
ART PICK UP
Exhibited works must be picked up at PAL at the end of the exhibit on Friday August, 31st or Saturday, Sept 1st (10am-4pm) ONLY
60% for Members / 50% for Non-Members
Ray Mendieta is a native of Northern California and has been a professional artist and art teacher for the past 20 years. In addition to many years of teaching at the Pacific Art League, Ray also teaches at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. Ray received his MFA from the Academy of Art University at San Francisco and displays his works in many regional galleries and institutions.
· All work much be original and not previously exhibited at PAL
· All 2D work must be ready to hang on a wire.
· All 2D work must be framed or on gallery -wrapped canvas with finished edges.
· Size of work is limited to 40” wide by 50” tall, including frame (contact below for inquiry)
· All work must be labeled on the front with title and artist’s name.
· Please contact the gallery manager if you have questions on pricing.