The Great American West – Land, City, Seascapes
Landscape in the Western United States, is monumental, beautiful and unique. From the Grand Canyon, to Yosemite, through the streets of San Francisco and then culminating in the spectacular pacific coastline. We invite you to submit pieces in any medium, reflecting your reaction to the spectacular variety of land, city and sea, from the Rockies to Hawaii and Alaska. Your vision may be representational, or enthusiastically abstract, please share your most challenging and ambitious works with PAL.
July 6 – 26, 2018
Open to all artistic works of abstraction. Limits on video and installation (contact us with questions). Open to PAL members and non-members.
- Members: $40 for 1st entry, and $10 for each additional entry
- Non-Members: $50 for 1st entry, and $10 for each additional entry
Submit your artwork electronically at https://pacificartleague.submittable.com/submit
Thursday, June 14, 2018
SELECTION NOTIFICATION DATE
Thursday, June 21, 2018 by email.
First Friday, July 6th, 2018, 5:30pm-8:00pm
Winners announced at reception.
- 1st: $150
- 2nd: $75
- 3rd: $50 (3 Honorable Mentions)
Accepted works must be hand delivered to PAL on Friday, June 29th or Saturday, June 30th (10am-4pm).
ART PICK UP
Exhibited works must be picked up at PAL at the end of the exhibit on Friday or Saturday, July 27th and 28th (10am-4pm) ONLY
60% for Members / 50% for Non-Members
Halcyon Teed holds a BS in Fine Art and a Certificate in Art Education from Skidmore College. She has studied at the Cushing Academy and the Sharon Art Center and apprenticed with Sidney F. Willis in New Hampshire. Her work has won “Best of Show,” Honorable Mention or special recognition in many shows. A longtime PAL instructor, Halcyon is a member of Pastel Society of the West Coast; Society of Western Artist; Oil Painters of America, among others. Halcyon has many publications to her credit.
· All work much be original and not previously exhibited at PAL
· All 2D work must be ready to hang on a wire.
· All 2D work must be framed or on gallery -wrapped canvas with finished edges.
· Size of work is limited to 40” wide by 50” tall, including frame (contact below for inquiry)
· All work must be labeled on the front with title and artist’s name.
· Please contact the gallery manager if you have questions on pricing artwork